Covid-19 Update 25th June 2020
Following the recent changes to the Governments Covid-19 restrictions and social distancing measures, we are now starting to reintroduce routine procedures and consultations. Whilst being committed to maintaining a high standard of care to your pet, there are still some alterations to our normal means of operating to ensure client and staff safety can also be prioritised. We ask that you please read our guidelines below before you come to the clinic.
Ewell Veterinary Centre will be taking the following precautions:
- When you arrive at the clinic please call the clinic to let us know you are outside. The vet will then speak to you on the phone prior to your pet being brought in for examination. We are currently still asking owners to wait outside in order to keep safe social distance as much as possible.
- In order to minimise the number of people congregating together outside the clinic, we still ask for only one person per patient to attend the appointment.
- Please call to pre-order any medications, flea or worming products. We are currently asking for 24 hours’ notice. When you come to collect your items, please call us to let us know you are outside and we bring your products out to you.
- If you are asked to enter the building, we require you to wear a mask and use the hand washing facilities at reception. We can provide face masks if required.
- As per government advice, if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please call to rearrange your appointment or if urgent then a friend or relative to must attend on your behalf.
Frequently asked questions?
Q: Are you open?
A: Yes, we are currently open and offering all routine procedures and consultation, however 6 month health checks are still being postponed whilst we prioritise vaccination appointments that we were not able to do during lock down. We have allocated specific days for neutering’s at the moment, so please call the practice for more information about this.
Q: Should I visit the practice for my routine appointment?
A: If you are following the Government guidelines, are not self-isolating or social-distancing, you should attend your pet’s appointment as planned unless advised otherwise.
Q: Can I come into the practice to collect something if I don’t have a consultation?
A: Yes, we ask that you please call in advance prior to collection.
Q: I need to make an appointment for the coming weeks
A: Please continue to make any appointments in the usual way either by phone or via our online booking system
Q: Are you offering home visits?
A: No, we will not be offering any home visits until further notice.
We’ll be posting updates on this website page in the event of any changing advice.
Please keep checking for updates, remembering to refresh your browser each time.
We would like all clients to please stay aware of the latest guidelines that are in place to prevent the risk and spread of infection. The government website can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response